I’m really struggling with who I am in the Lord and His love for me right now, so I am going to write like no one is reading because it really does help to get it all down.
Yesterday, I was reading a post from one of my favorite bloggers – Sarah Titus over at sarahtitus.com – and she was talking about us not losing ourselves. I realized that I have definitely lost myself and I’ve posted about that recently, but I was reminded yet again that I started this blog to share my heart.
- I am a child of God (John 1:12).
- I have peace with God (Romans 5:12)
- The Holy Spirit lives in me (1 Corinthians 3:16).
- I have access to the wisdom of God (James 1:5).
- I am helped by God (Hebrews 4:16).
- I am reconciled to God (Romans 5:11).
- I am not condemned by God (Romans 8:1).
- I am justified (Romans 5:1).
- I have Christ’s righteousness (Romans 5:19; 2 Corinthians 5:21).
- I am Christ’s ambassador (2 Corinthians 5:20).
- I am completely forgiven (Colossians 1:14).
- I am tenderly loved by God (Jeremiah 31:3).
- I am the sweet fragrance of Christ to God (2 Corinthians 2:15).
- I am a temple in which God dwells (1 Corinthians 3:16).
- I am blameless and beyond reproach (Colossians 1:22).
- I am salt of the earth (Matthew 5:13).
- I am the light of the world (Matthew 5:14).
- I am a branch on Christ’s vine (John 15:1-5).
- I am Christ’s friend (John 15:5).
- I am chosen by Christ to bear fruit (John 15:6).
- I am joint heir with Christ, sharing his inheritance with him (Romans 8:17).
- I am united to the Lord, one spirit with him (1 Corinthians 6:17).
- I am a member of the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:27).
- I am a saint (Ephesians 1:1)
- I am hidden with Christ in God (Colossians 3:3)
- I am chosen by God, holy and dearly loved (Colossians 3:12).
- I am a child of the light (1 Thessalonians 5:5)
- I am holy, and I share in God’s heavenly calling (Hebrews 3:1).
- I am sanctified (Hebrews 2:11).
- I am one of God’s living stones, being built up in Christ as a spiritual house (1 Peter 2:5)
- I am a member of a chosen race, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession and created to sing his praises (1 Peter 2:9-10).
- I am firmly rooted and built up in Christ (Colossians 2:7).
- I am born of God, and the evil one cannot touch me (1 John 5:18).
- I have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16).
- I may approach God with boldness, freedom, and confidence (Ephesians 3:12).
- I have been rescued from Satan’s domain and transferred to the kingdom of Christ (Colossians 1:13)
- I have been made complete in Christ (Colossians 1:13).
- I have been given a spirit of power, love, and self discipline (2 Timothy 1:7)
- I have been great and precious promises by God ( 2 Peter 1:4).
- My needs are met by God (Philippians 4:19).
- I am a princess in God’s kingdom (John 1:12, 1 Timothy 6:15).
- I have been bought with a price, and I belong to God (1 Corinthians 6:19-20).
- I have been adopted as God’s child (Ephesians 1:5).
- I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 2:18).
- I am assured that all things are working together for good (Romans 8:28).
- I am free from any condemning charges against me (Romans 8:31).
- I cannot be separated from the love of God ( Romans 8:35).
- I have been established, anointed, and sealed by God (2 Corinthians 1:21-22).
- I am confident that the good works that God has begun in me will be perfected (Philippians 1:6).
- I am a citizen of Heaven (Philippians 3:20).
- I am a personal witness of Christ’s (Acts 1:8).
- I am God’s co-worker (2 Corinthians 6:1, 1 Corinthians 3:9).
- I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realm (Ephesians 2:6).
- I am God’s workmanship(Ephesians 2:10).
- I can do all things though Christ, who gives me the strength I need (Philippians 4:13).
I would like to make mention once again, that this is an excerpt from the book Armor of God by Priscilla Shirer and not my own work. I give all credit to her. She deserves it. It’s untelling what she had to go through to get this message. I also encourage you once again to get this book or bible study.
I am so thankful that God prepares us ahead of time for the seasons of life we are heading into. I had no idea all those months ago that this bible study would become such an invaluable resource for me. Thankful is not an adequate word for how I feel right now.
I do pray this prayer for myself and anyone reading this who has this same struggle:
Most gracious and kind heavenly Father,
Lord please forgive us for failing to realize just exactly who we are in you, what all you’ve done for us, and just how loved we are. Father I ask in the name of Jesus that you remove anything in our lives that is keeping this head knowledge from becoming heart knowledge and causing us to live in defeat as this doesn’t bring you glory. Thank you Lord for loving us enough to do that. Please help us Lord and be glorified in our lives.
In Jesus’ precious name I pray,