Love is patient, love is kind
I was just sitting here eating lunch when I had a thought come to me. That’s one of the reasons I’m digging blogging; I have a forum to develop my thoughts when they strike.
Anyway, I was thinking about kindness and how alot of people act according to the way they are treated. I know there are some people who are going to be craptastic no matter how nice you are but open displays of kindness, friendliness and brotherly (or sisterly) love can change a person!!!
I was thinking about what would happen if people started being kind and considerate…ON PURPOSE!!! What started this thought process was someone treating me like they like me. I felt well liked, I felt valued as a person and that made me feel good.
With me, thought processes are like snow balls, the bigger they get, the quicker they roll down hill. In about 30 seconds to a minute, I went from feeling valued to deciding to pick one person to make them feel valued to writing this blog to issuing a challenge. I challenge anyone who is reading this to pick a person and do whatever it takes to make that person feel valued.
Everyone needs to feel loved and valued!!! Here’s some ideas that hit me while I was writing this:
- CALL (not text or email or facebook) that person just to say hey
- Ask them what they think about something, make eye contact and LISTEN when they talk
- Put down your phone when you have a conversation with someone ( I am soooo bad about that)
- Smile with your whole face (you know what I mean)
- Give a real hug
- Offer genuine encouragement